How to fold a pocket square? The Reverse Puff
With an effortless vibe in mind - something close to the so-called sprezzatura - everything that matters here is the movement that we're going to apply to that small piece of fabric. We want to come up with something natural, easy to fold, unfold, refold and so on. Looking for the right gesture. The one that will bring impact to your two-button, double breasted or blazer jacket.
Here we go.
1. Lay the pocket square flat, face up then pinch it
2. Lift it up from its center, and squeeze it from the top down with your opposite hand
3. All the way down
4. Holding it firmly, then flip the pocket square so that the peaks are face up
5. Fold the bottom up, twice
6. Adjust your folded pocket square to the pocket of your jacket.
Le Isole is a collection of 12 Mediterranean shades. Woven in Italy in our silk modal signature twill blend, they are entirely hand rolled by luxury artisans in the region of Lyon, France. In their 40cm squared format, they are perfect for a puff or reverse puff pocket square.